Thursday 30 May 2013

Coming to Salzburg

My Journey to the Centre for Geoinformatics (ZGIS) at the University of Salzburg started when I met Dr. Luke Olang' who is a professional in Hydrology and who had himself studied in Austria under the OeAD scholarship. Through his networks which he developed while pursuing his doctorate studies at BOKU, the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Vienna, he introduced me to OeAD scholarship program and also communicated with Professor Josef Strobl, the Director at ZGIS about my zeal to further my studies in Geoinformatics at the University.

With the help of Dr. Olang', Prof. Strobl and Madam Elke of the OeAD office, I was successfully awarded a scholarship to study at the ZGIS and I earnestly enrolled and began my course work on 1st of March, 2012.

I Am sincerely grateful for the opportunity and privilege accorded to me by OeAD to be able to pursue my studies in Austria and particularly at the Centre for Geoinformatics, University of Salzburg

The journey continues

No comments:

Post a Comment